Commemoration Event marking 70 years to Dayr Yassin Massacre: Memory Tour&Film Screening
On Sunday, April 8, 2018 we will commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Dayr Yassin
Massacre in a special event which will include memory tour followed by screening of the film "Born in Dayr Yassin" and symposium.
16:00-18:00 - Memory Tour in Dayr Yassin (Meeting point: 13 Kanfey Nesharim street, Jerusalem)
We will walk along the main street of the village (now Kanfey Nesharim Street in Jerusalem), learn about the village and its destruction, and pass some of the Palestinian buildings that are still standing along the road- as well as the Kfar Shaul mental hospital, whose buildings were once the core of the village. We will carry signs bearing the names of the victims of the massacre and end the tour in the grove behind the hospital.
19:00-21:00 - Screening of the film “Born in Deir Yassin” and Discussion (Willy Brandt Center, 22 Ein Rogel Street, Jerusalem)
Director: Neta Shoshani | Israel, France | 2017 | 63 min | Hebrew with English subtitles
Occupied by Jewish paramilitaries on April 9, 1948, Deir Yassin, has since become synonymous with “massacre”. In 1951, the Israeli government established a mental hospital on its site. The filmmakers unveil not only the secrets of a patient in the hospital but also those of Israel’s founding fathers.
The Screening will be followed by discussion with director Neta Shoshani and historian Dr. Adel Mana (Van Leer Institute), moderated by Debby Farber (Zochrot)
- Transportation leaves from the Tel Aviv Central train station (Arlozorov), at 15:30. Estimated hour of return to Tel Aviv: 21:00. We would appreciate your support in 30 nis (or according to your ability) for covering the transportation costs.
- Translation to English for the tour will be available.
- For Registration to the transportation and tour please write to: email@example.com
- Entry to all events is free.
- Following the completion of the tour, transportation will continue to Willy Brandt Center.
- It is possible to join only to one of the events if preferrable.
- For additional information: Umar al-Ghubari 052-8743099, Zochrot’s office: 03-6953155 or to Debby Farber firstname.lastname@example.org.