Occupation date: 1967-06-06 00:00:00
Imwas (Arabic: عِمواس) was a Palestinian Arab village located 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) southeast of the city of Ramla and 26 kilometres (16 mi) from Jerusalem in the Latrun salient of the West Bank. Often identified with the biblical Emmaus, over the course of two millennia, Imwas was intermittently inhabited and was ruled by the Romans (including the Byzantines), Arab caliphates, Crusaders, Ottomans, and the British, as part of the Mandate in Palestine. After the 1948 war, Imwas fell under Jordanian occupation.
Captured by the Israeli Forces during the Six-Day War on June 7, 1967 along with the neighbouring villages of Yalo and Bayt Nuba, the villagers of Imwas were expelled and the village destroyed on the orders of Yitzhak Rabin. Today the area of the former village lies within Canada Park, which was established by the Jewish National Fund in 1973.