Population 1948: 104
Occupation date: 12/04/1948
Jewish settlements on village/town land before 1948: None
Jewish settlements on village/town land after 1948: Midrakh Oz
Located 18,5 kilometers nortwest of Jenin, 'Ayn al-Mansi stood on a 125 meters high hill, on the southwestern side of the level plain of Marj Ibn 'Amir. It was linked by a short, secondary road to the highway between Jenin and Haifa, which ran northeast of it.
After the battle over the settlement of Mishmar ha-'Emeq, at the beginning of April 1948, Haganah forces proceeded to occupy a number of villages in the Marj ibn 'Amir area. 'Ayn al-Mansi was captured during this operation ; it was occupied on the night of 12-13 April by Palmach units (according to Israeli historian Bnny Morris who identifies the village as Al Mansi). The fall of the village, along with neighboring al-Naghnaghiyya, precipitated the withdrawal of the Arab Liberation Army from the area, according to History of Haganah. Like all villages occupied in the operation, it was completely destroyed. Based on information from Israeli sources, Morris writes that 'Ayn al-Mansi's houses were blown up in the days following its occupation.
There are no Israeli settlements on village land. Midrakh Oz, established in 1952 on the lands of al-Mansi (Haifa district), is about 2 kilometers to the west.
The village has been completely destroyed and levelled. After the destruction of the village, a temporary camp for Jewish immigrants was established in the early years of the state. After this camp was dismantled, a thick forest of fir trees was planted there. Today the remains of the camp are visible among the trees.Inthe nortern area of the site are the remains of a cemetery, covered with wild grass and thorns. A gasoline station has been built on the eastern side of the cemetery. Almond, olive and fig trees grow to the north and west of the cemetery.