Population 1948: 220
Occupation date: 01/04/1948
Jewish settlements on village/town land before 1948: None
Jewish settlements on village/town land after 1948: A part of Shikun Vatikim (Ramat Gan)
The village was situated on a low hill on the central coastal plain, on the south bank of the al-'Awja River, 7 km northeast of Jaffa. It was linked to Jaffa and Haifa by the highway connecting the two cities.
The fall of Jarisha occured some time before the end of the British Mandate on 15 May 1948. It may have been affected by events in the adjacent village of al-Shaykh Muwannis. An earlier agreement between the villagers of al-Shaykh Muwannis and the Haganah to observe a truce in the area did not dter the Irgun Zvai Leumi (IZL) from striking at the community leaders. The IZL infiltrated into the village at the end of March 1948 and kidnapped five of the village leaders. The attack prompted a large flight of people from the surrounding coastal area.
There are no settlements on village lands, but Ramat Gan, established in 1921 is very close by, southeast of the village. The land has been used for Israeli urban constructions.
The site has been completely covered over by highways and suburban houses.