The village stood on undulating terrain 1.5 km from the coastal railway line. A secondary road linked it to other villages before in joined the coastal highway. The village was established on an archaeological site that contained the remains of the Crusader village of Megedallum.
The village was built next to a well (which bore the same name) and attracted the Bedouin of the area, who gradually settled in the village. Next to the well lay the revered tomb of Shaykh Abdallah.
The people of al-Majdal built their houses of adobe brick along narrow alleys. Their main crop was rainfed grain, but they also cultivated a variety of trees.
Israeli Settlement on Village Lands:
There are no Israeli settlement on village land. The settlement of Sde Yitzchaq, built in 1952, is very close to the site but is on land that formerly belonged to the destroyed village of Raml Zayta.
The Village Today
No traces remain of the village, the site is covered with grasses and other wild vegetation.
Source: al-Khalidi, Walid (ed.). All that remains: the Palestinian villages occupied and depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington DC: 1992.