The village stood on a dome-shaped hill about 30 or 40 m higher that the village of Tarbikha, of which it was a satellite; it was about 1 km southeast of Tarbikha and 28 km northeast of Acre.
Al-Nabi Rubin was one of the villages lying near the Lebanese border that was emptied of its inhabitants in the second week of November 1948. After military operations had ceased, the Israeli army ordered the villagers to cross the border into Lebanon, according to Israeli historian Benny Morris. On 16 November, the commanding officer of the Northern Front, Moshe Carmel, reported to Israeli prime minister David Ben-Gurion that the army “had been forced for military reasons... to expel the villages on the border.” He explicitly mentioned al-Nabi Rubin.
The settlement of Somera was established to the west of the village site in 1949. Even Menachem, established in 1960, is located very close to the village site, on a hill to its west. Kefar Rosenwald, originally named Zar'it and still widely known by that name, was established in 1967 on village land. Shetula, founded in 1969, is also located on village lands.
The shrine of al-Nabi Rubin is all that remains of the village. Cactuses, fig trees, and tall grasses grow on the site, which has been made into a grazing area.
No related videos
No related booklets
No related items