Hatta
District: Gaza
Population 1948: 1130
Occupation date: 18/07/1948
Occupying unit: Givati brigade
Jewish settlements on village\town land before 1948: None
Jewish settlements on population center of the village\town after 1948: None
Other sites built on the population center of the village\town after 1948: Alma, Alma, A part of Ruha

n the 1922 census of Palestine, conducted by the British Mandate authorities, Hatta had a population of 570, all Muslims, increasing in the 1931 census to 646, still all Muslim, in 140 houses.

In 1945 Hatta had a population of 970, all Arabs, with 5,305 dunams of land, according to an official land and population survey.[13] Of this, 4 dunams were plantations and irrigable land, 5,108 used for cereals, while 45 dunams were built-up land.

Hatta was captured on July 17–18, 1948, during Operation Death to the Invader, the last operation of the Ten Days period—the period between the two ceasefires of the 1948 War.

In August 1948 the Israeli settlement Revaha was slated to be built on the site, however, the plan was not implemented until 1953. The settlement of Zavdiel was established in 1950 on village land, while Aluma was founded on village land in 1965.

Walid Khalidi described the village site in 1992: "A small portion of the site is covered by a forest, planted by Israelis. The debris of houses are scattered under the trees. Sycamore trees and cactuses also grow on the site. The surrounding lands are cultivated. The British built military airport is still in use.

Zochrot online